Serina has been teaching group fitness for 16+ years; through the years she has encountered many body types and fitness levels. She herself struggled with “not being flexible” in both mind and body as well as suffered years of negative, self-inflicting body image. Through her own personal practice, she discovered her fierce-warrior-style of teaching and discovered it also helped others draw from their own inner power so they too could express themselves through movement.
Serina attended her first 200-hour Yoga Teacher training in the exotic jungle of Costa Rica, at the Anamaya Resort. This 6-week immersion yoga program transformed her life! Focusing not just on the poses of yoga, but the life and 8-Limbs of Yoga called Raja Yoga. Her unique training with Jackie Chiodo helped her understand that yoga is for every BODY…not just for the “flexible”. This ignited a fire with Serina and her practice began right then and there.
Serina has since expanded her yoga teacher training to include a 300-hour teacher training program with Sadie Nardini called, Core Strength Vinyasa®. This style of practice focuses on three elements: Foundation, Core, Expression. This style resonated in Serina’s core–her soul, and there she found her Brazen voice and began sharing this practice with others.
The natural progression and a lifetime of curiosity, Serina began learning and practicing tantra with a certification in Principle-Based Partner Yoga®, Venus Code Female Sexuality® and is currently pursuing a professional certification as a Holistic Sex Educator through Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment. These practices have allowed her to create unique yoga practices to help people expand their bodies, minds and spirits. Her other training includes essential oils and aromatherapy, drum circle facilitation, and Zumba Fitness® for a unique blend of music and movement.
Through experience and expanded education, Serina is now a Certified Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). “A YACEP is an instructor that has been verified as being highly qualified in the category or categories that they teach. This means if you are a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®) you can earn continuing education credits with a YACEP to maintain your RYT status and can trust that your training counts toward meeting your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements.” Read More
• Holistic Sex Educator Certificate Program through, Institute for Sexuality Education & Enlightenment
• Principle-Based Partner Yoga® Instructor
• Venus Code Female Sexuality Coach®
• Yoga Alliance 200 E-RYT, 500 RYT – Raja Style and Core Strength Vinyasa ®
• Silver Sneakers, Classic, CardioFit
• Zumba Fitness: Zumba Basic, Zumba Basic II, Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba, Zumba Gold
• Group Fitness National Certification, FiTour
• RealRyder® Indoor Cycling
• Marathon Adventuress, 26.2 marathon coach for first-timers
• ISSA Personal Trainer Certification
• Other Genres: Boot Camp, Hip Hop, Booiaka®, Stability Ball, Burlesque, Kickboxing, Indoor Cycling, Stretch, Toning, Circuit, Personal Training, Running clinics and First-Time Marathon Coaching